Sat, Jun 29|
Linton Farmers Market
The Market is located in the middle of Humphreys Park near the tennis and basketball courts. It will operate every Saturday from 9:00A - 1:00P, beginning May 14th - September 24th.
Time & Location
Jun 29, 2024, 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM
Linton, 1351 E, 1300 A St NE, Linton, IN 47441, USA
About the event
We hope to have numerous vendors offering a wide variety of local fruits, vegetables, meats, dairy, and other farm related products. A limited number of arts and craft vendors will also be allowed. We are currently accepting vendor applications. Please visit our Vendor Page if you are interested in participating in the Market. Some of the Benefits of Eating Locally.
• Local Foods Are Fresher Local food is fresher and tastes better than food that has been trucked or flown in from thousands of miles away.
• Local Foods Usually Have Less Environmental Impact Food that has been shipped across the country, or across the world, leads to a big carbon footprint for a little bunch of herbs.
• Local Foods Preserve Green Space & Farmland By buying foods grown and raised closer to where you live, you help maintain farmland and green space in your area.
• Local Foods Promote Food Safety The fewer steps there are between your food’s source and your table the less chance there is of contamination.
• Local Foods Support Your Local Economy Money spent with local farmers, growers, and artisans all stays close to home, working to build your local economy instead of being handed over to a corporation in another city, state, or country.
• Local Foods Create Community Knowing where your food is from connects you to the people who raise and grow it.